Hand Therapy & Upper
Disorders of the hand and arm can limit an individual's ability to perform every day activities, such as eating, bathing, dressing or even carrying groceries.
It can impact one's work and affect his or her overall well-being. Whether the result of injury, illness or surgery, such conditions require specialized care and treatment. At Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation, we offer the proven therapies and personalized attention to help individuals with hand and upper extremity disorders regain function and resume activities with comfort and confidence.
Kessler's certified hand and occupational therapists target the specific needs of each patient and tailor a plan of care to individual rehabilitation goals. We begin with a comprehensive evaluation and work closely with each patient to introduce the most effective strategies, provide the necessary education and optimize recovery. Progress is carefully monitored and the treatment plan is adjusted accordingly.
Our specialized program offers treatment for a wide range of conditions, including (but not limited to):
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Upper motor neuron disorder
- Nerve graft
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Soft tissue injury
- Tendon repair
Early intervention is key to successful rehabilitation. Kessler's therapists begin working with patients as soon as medically appropriate and use both traditional interventions and innovative technologies to effectively address individual conditions. Treatment may include:
- Occupational and targeted hand therapy to increase function, joint mobility, strength and endurance
- Techniques to resolve pain, edema and inflammation
- Wound care to promote optimal tissue healing
- Prevention strategies to minimize stiffness, contractures, re-injury and other complications to avoid prolonged treatment and secondary surgeries
- Custom orthotics, including static, dynamic and static progressive applications for protection, positioning, correction and functional enhancement
- Home management programs
We also offer work hardening, work conditioning, functional capacity evaluations, job simulation and job site analysis to optimize return to work capabilities.
For More Information
For more information about Kessler's Hand Therapy & Upper Extremity Rehabilitation, contact or call Kessler's West Orange, Saddle Brook or Chester Campus.